Two years ago, Zach Wilcha accepted his dream job and the chance to give back to the community of which he’s been a part for the past twenty years. While the new role came with an exciting set of opportunities, it also presented a few challenges.
As the first-ever executive director of the Independence Business Alliance (IBA), Greater Philadelphia’s LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Zach faced the challenge of building out his team while simultaneously growing IBA membership and programming opportunities for the community.
After working in a corporate partner’s headquarters—without any doors or private space—for a number of months, Zach decided it was time to find a space to support IBA’s growth trajectory. This meant finding a workspace to comfortably hold private meetings, host events for the LGBT community, and recruit prospective employees.
IBA’s Office Search Goals
– Professional environment for recruiting top talent and hosting business leaders
– A welcoming and progressive community where members of the LGBT alliance would feel comfortable attending events
– Flexible workspace to allow Zach the opportunity to scale his tea
– A balance of private office space, conference rooms, and common space
“Industrious really took our company to the next level. People see how we’re thriving in this space and they want to become part of what we do.”
1. Ability to hire their first team member to help expand IBA’s membership and programming opportunities
2. Opportunity to host events with LGBT community where members feel included and comfortable
3. Flexibility to hold meetings with 21 board members and host private meetings with small groups
4. Infrastructure and all-inclusive amenities that allow Zach to focus on running his company